- RevealedOne in three Europeans now votes anti-establishmentExclusive: analysis of results in 31 countries last year found 32% of votes were cast for parties that are populist, far-left or far-right
- Nagorno-KarabakhThousands protest in Armenia in wake of ceasefire deal
- Europe has credible plan to reach air quality targets, top EU lawmaker says, after revelations about toxic pollution
Europe in focus
Support Guardian Europe
Independent, authoritative, hopeful … Guardian Europe provides our growing readership in Europe with all the journalism that matters – through a unique European lens. Support us from €2 per month today.
Welcome to the Guardian's European edition. Independent, authoritative, rigorous, hopeful … the Guardian provides our growing readership in Europe with all the news and insight that matters – through a unique European lens. Support us from €2 per month today.
- Champions LeagueOnana takes blame as Manchester United pain piles up at BayernErik ten Hag questioned the fight of Manchester United as their traumatic start to the season continued with a 4-3 defeat
- Arsenal 4-0 PSVØdegaard caps return to Champions League in style
- Rugby World Cup‘Ridiculous’ Sexton an inspiration as South Africa loom for Irish
- Champions LeagueBellingham is Real Madrid’s late hero again
Around the world
Play the Guardian's daily word game and share your score with your friends
- ‘We managed to draw quite a crowd’A brief history of protest at fashion weeksThis year activists demonstrated against the use of cashmere and leather, but fashion is fertile ground for protests, as Katharine Hamnett proved 40 years ago when she shocked Margaret Thatcher with an anti-cruise missile T-shirt